Start Earning With a Free Checking Account
We believe your credit union checking account should work for you, so start earning with a free Honor checking account. All you have to do is decide if you want to earn cash back rewards to spend at numerous retailers, or if you want to earn interest on your account balance.
Track Spending In Online Banking & Mobile App
No Monthly Or
Minimum Balance Fees
Free MasterCard® Debit Card With Your Account
Access To 35,000+
Compare Checking Accounts
- Earn interest on your average daily balance
- Easy monthly requirements to earn interest
- Free account with no monthly fees
- Up to $20 cash back in monthly ATM surcharges
- Earn cash back when you shop at thousands of local and national merchants
- Easy access to your rewards balance
- No monthly fees
If you have a pending direct deposit that you need to access sooner, you can now start getting your paycheck before payday with Honor’s Instant Deposit feature! As soon as you see your direct deposit pending within online banking, or on the mobile app, you can access those funds!
An instant deposit³ is defined as early access to a direct deposit that is scheduled to post to your account. An instant deposit is a way for you to gain access to your funds sooner.
How To Request An Instant Deposit
You can request an instant deposit within your online banking, in the Honor app, or by calling 800.442.2800. Follow the steps below for online banking and the mobile app.
³$10 fee per instant deposit to gain early access to funds. No checking account required. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds are subject to the timing of payer’s funding, and credit union approval. Honor Credit Union cannot guarantee a payer’s funds will be available for instant deposit. Requests per each Direct Deposit must be made within online banking or by contacting the credit union. Insured By NCUA.
A checking account that pays you a high rate of interest on your average daily balance every month is just too good to be true, right? Wrong! With Honor Credit Union’s Benefits Checking, it’s simple: Start Earning. Stop Worrying.
What Are The Benefits?
|Benefits CheckingEffective Date: Jul 29, 2021|
|$0.01 - $10,000.00||2.959%||3.00%|
|*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. $25 minimum deposit required. 3% APY earned on balances of up to $10,000.00. ATM foreign surcharge fees will be refunded monthly up to $20/month. Requires e-Statements, Direct Deposit, at least 12 debit card transactions that clear your account as signature-based debit transactions per month (note that Honor posts transactions based on how they are received from merchants) and minimum 1 monthly online banking login to earn 3% APY. Members not meeting requirements will not earn ATM foreign surcharge fee refunds. No free checks offered on this account. One account per Member. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 01/01/17; Rate is variable and may change after account is opened. Federally insured by NCUA.|
Feel The Connection
DEBIT & ATM CARDS
- No annual fee
- Leave your card at home. If you have a smartphone, you have a Digital Wallet that you can load your debit card onto and use anywhere debit or credit cards are accepted.
- Access to over 35,000 ATMs nationwide
- Get your new debit card instantly at a member center
- We’re here to help when you need it – 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even if you’re out of the country
- You will receive an automated call or text message if fraud is suspected on your card
- Receive notifications when your card is used
- Turn your card on or off if you suspect fraud, or if your card is lost or stolen
IT'S YOUR CHANGE
We could all use a simple way to save money. With It’s Your Change, saving money has never been easier! Each debit card purchase will automatically round to the nearest dollar and the remaining change will be deposited into your savings account. Just like putting your pennies and dimes in a jar, you’ll be surprised at how much you can save without even thinking about it!
How It Works
- FREE to members with either Benefits Checking or Connect Checking
- No more spare change jar. With It’s Your Change, you won’t forget to add to your special fund because it happens automatically!
- Funds can be deposited into your main savings account, or create a separate savings account and watch those dimes and nickels add up!
Checking Account FAQs
Setting up or switching your direct deposit to Honor is as easy as a click of a button with our ClickSWITCH tool. We also have a simple form you can fill out and submit to your employer’s HR department.
Yes! Both of our checking accounts give you access to over 35,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the country. As an added bonus, our Benefits Checking account pays you up to $20 each month in surcharge reimbursements if you use an ATM that is not in our network.
Leaving The Country?
- Simply give us a heads up before you leave by calling us at 800.442.2800 or stop by a local Honor branch so we know to expect transactions from your destination.
- Beware of blocked and sanctioned countries. The Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) of the US Department of Treasury has a current list of those countries. If the country you are visiting is on this list, ALL card activity will be blocked per the requirement from OFAC. On occasion, Honor Credit Union may block countries in addition to those listed on the OFAC list, but should there be additional countries, they would be listed here.
- While debit and credit cards are accepted in most countries, MasterCard charges foreign currency conversion fees for purchases made with their credit and debit cards, in addition to ATM cash withdrawal fees.
No! Honor Credit Union doesn’t charge per-check fees for either checking account.
There are three ways to reorder checks!
- Login to online banking
- Click the orange “OC” icon next to Checking on the main Account Summary page.
You can reorder checks by visiting the Deluxe website.
You can stop by any local member center and speak with an Honor team member to order more checks.
*$25 minimum deposit required. 3.00% APY earned on balances of up to $10,000.00. ATM foreign surcharge fees will be refunded monthly up to $20/month. Requires e-Statements, Direct Deposit, at least 12 debit card transactions that clear your account as signature-based debit transactions per month (note that Honor posts transactions based on how they are received from merchants) and minimum 1 monthly online banking login to earn 3.00% APY. Members not meeting requirements will not earn ATM foreign surcharge fee refunds. No free checks offered on this account. One account per Member. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 01/01/21; Rate is variable and may change after account is opened. Federally Insured by NCUA