Student loans. Ugh. If you’re like most college graduates who use their hard earned dollars to pay down their student
Earn Interest With Flexibility
Money market accounts are a great way to earn a little extra interest on that money you’re saving for something down the road, like a family vacation, wedding, or mortgage down payment. One advantage of a money market account is after you make your initial deposit you still have access to the funds, unlike a CD.
Build Your Savings With Rates
As High As 2.00% APY*
Allows For More Flexibility Than
A Certificate Of Deposit
Up To Six Free Electronic
Withdrawals Per Month**
Accrues Interest Daily,
Paid Out Monthly
Compare Money Markets
Surge Money Market
Momentum Money Market
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 9/3/19. Your interest rate and APY will be based on the balance in your account. Rate is variable and may change after account is opened. Fees can reduce earnings. Insured By NCUA.
** $10 fee for each electronic withdrawal after six. Members can make unlimited withdrawals in person at a member center.
Surge Money Market
- Earn a higher rate of interest with a lower balance than a Momentum Money Market or a certificate of deposit
- Start earning interest with a balance as little as $1
- No minimum balance fee
- Ideal for young families and people looking to establish a savings habit without a large sum of money
Current Surge Rates
|Surge Money Market AccountEffective Date:|
|$1.00 - $2,500.00||1.982%||2.00%|
|$2,500.01 - $5,000.00||0.995%||1.00%|
|$5,000.01 - $10,000.00||0.499%||0.50%|
|$10,000.01 - $50,000.00||0.250%||0.25%|
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 9/3/19. No minimum balance required to open Surge Money Market. Interest will be paid monthly on balances within each tier and in a blended fashion. The Surge Money Market is a variable rate share product with no set term. Limit one Surge Money Market Account per membership. Rates subject to change.
MOMENTUM MONEY MARKET
- As your balance increases to a new tier so does your interest rate
- A good option for members with a little extra money to deposit
- Ideal for long term savers who are considering a CD, but might need access to those funds before the CD matures
Current Momentum Rates
|Momentum Money Market AccountsEffective Date:|
|$5,000.00 - $49,999.99||0.25%||0.25%|
|$50,000.00 - $99,999.99||0.747%||0.75%|
|$100,000.00 - $249,999.99||0.747%||0.75%|
|$250,000.00 - $499,999.99||0.995%||1.00%|
|$500,000.00 - $1,000,000.00||0.995%||1.00%|
*Annual Percentage Yield. $20.00 monthly minimum balance fee applied for balances under $5,000. Rates are variable and subject to change without notice after account is opened. By federal regulation, some restrictions may apply.
Money Market Calculator
Use our calculators to help you determine how much you could earn with a money market account.
Money Market FAQs
Rates are subject to change at any time. Please refer to the rates tables on this page for the most up to date interest rates.
The Surge account is considered a reverse money market. The interest rate is higher on lower balances and decreases as your balance increases. It’s ideal for people who don’t have a large sum of money to establish savings habits.
- There are no minimum balance fees on the Surge account.
- The Surge does follow the standard Regulation D, which means members are allowed six penalty-free online withdrawals per month. Members can make unlimited withdrawals per month in person at a member center.
The Momentum Money Market account is a tiered interest money market account with higher interest rates than a TIMM, but with the same flexibility of a TIMM account.
There are no minimum balance fees on the Momentum account, but you won’t earn interest on balances below $5,000.
The Momentum Money Market does follow the standard Regulation D, which means members are allowed six penalty-free online withdrawals per month. Members can make unlimited withdrawals per month in person at a member center.
- The Momentum Money Market account is geared towards higher interest rates on balances over $50,000, while the Surge pays a higher rate of interest on lower balances, as low as one dollar!
- A member can have two Momentum accounts, but only one Surge account.
Tips To Save Money
We know it’s not always easy to build up your savings account, so we have included some helpful tips and tricks from our blog to help you reach your savings goals.